Telecommunication Industry Association (TIA) Engineering Committee TR-42 develops and maintains voluntary telecommunications standards for telecommunications cabling infrastructure in user-owned buildings, such as commercial buildings, residential buildings, homes, data centers, and industrial buildings. Click here for more information on TIA TR-42.
This chart depicts TIA’s hierarchy of telecommunications standards and how they interrelate. Click on the links to learn more about each Standard.
Other TIA Standards of Interest:
- ANSI/TIA-1152-A: Requirements for Field Test Instruments and Measurements for Balanced Twisted-Pair Cabling
- ANSI/TIA-1179: Healthcare Facility Telecommunications Infrastructure
- ANSI/TIA-1183: Measurement Methods and Test Fixtures for Balun-Less Measurements of Balanced Components and Systems
- ANSI/TIA-4966: Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Educational Facilities
- ANSI/TIA-4994: Standard for Sustainable Information Communications Technology
- ANSI/TIA-5017: Telecommunications Physical Network Security Standard
TIA Technical Systems Bulletins of Interest:
- TSB-140: Additional Guidelines for Field-Testing Length, Loss and Polarity of Optical Fiber Cabling Systems
- TSB-155-A: Guidelines for the Assessment and Mitigation of Installed Category 6 Cabling to Support 10GBASE-T
- TSB-162-A: Telecommunications Cabling Guidelines for Wireless Access Points
- TSB-184: Guidelines for Supporting Power Delivery Over Balanced Twisted-Pair Cabling
- TSB-190: Guidelines on Shared Pathways and Shared Sheaths
- TSB-1197: Mode Conversion Parameters for Balanced Twisted Pair Cabling
- TSB-5008: Mechanically-Generated Cable Impulse Noise Detection and Characterization
- TSB-5019: High Performance Structured Cabling Use Cases for Data Centers and Other Premises
- TIA TR-42 Telecommunications Cabling Systems homepage
- Please consult the TIA website for information on how to obtain TIA Standards.